HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Monday, December 1, 2008

CHARLOTTE CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR







What a fun week! Since my last entry I have actually put order back into my life, found the "PLAN", and finished trimmings down to every last crystal!

We have been told over 1500 people will most likely tour our home. That's a staggering thought!

The tour is in the evening, on Friday and Saturday, and ending Sunday afternoon. I think the two nights will be the best. The city lights that are visible from our windows will make the room glisten all the more.

The "décor" consists of 300 yards of ribbon, six large sheets of different gift papers, hundreds of small crystals, silver and crystal balls, and numerous crystal accessories…. Not to mention the glitter debris that took two days to clean up! I am sure I will find "sparkle" in the shag rug well into June!

"Thank You, Erica," for the wonderful Design Plan. The table runner and the bed pillow cover you "whipped" up finished the look! Your talents are fantastic and I greatly appreciate all your help. I could not have done it without your contributions.

I am looking forward to the Christmas Season. As most of you know it's my favorite time of the year. Every year I am transformed into a 7 year old little girl, looking forward to Santa, for the entire month! This Christmas will be extra special because Steve and our 9 year old Granddaughter, Tess, will be here for Santa. It's always magical when the little ones are part of Christmas morning.

I cannot end this entry without giving tons of credit to Kenneth Brown. He graciously and generously answered my questions and gave me wonderful ideas. "Thank You, Kenneth" ….. you are a VERY special, giving person.

Don't stop now. There are ten more pictures below. Also remember that by double clicking on the pictures, you can make them larger.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...everything looks so elegant...but doesn't it always! For those of you who have never experienced Christmas at our house, I can tell you that my parents have always strived to make it a very special time for us kids, including a different Christmas tree decoration theme almost each year...and being there this year with Tess will make it special again...and, I am glad to be leaving before the 'clean-up' begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Just beautiful!!! You outdid yourself. The purple is a wonderful touch. I'm sure you're place will be the favorite. Now you can sit back and enjoy it...the decorating is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spelt "you're" wrong...I know it's "your"...it's 5:30 am. I'm sure Uncle Bob will notice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! Will you be baking cookies or a pie to make the place smell homey?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Decorating and design belong to our talented Blogmeister. I am in charge of baking cookies and pies. Trust me, it's better that way!!

    ReplyDelete