HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Sunday, March 4, 2012

EMILY JENKINS FOLLOWILL

A NEW APPRECIATION

Never will I browse through a magazine in the future without taking note of the PHOTOGRAPHER of the shoot.

Emily Jenkins Followill is SO TALENTED!!! Her appreciation of what she is photographing is evident in the superb quality of her work.



I was amazed at what goes into "taking a picture" of a room! I thought back to the time we moved into our new "Mid-Century Ranch" in 1953. The builder had our living room photographed for a sales promotion. Our entire room was turned upside down and inside out! The position of our furniture never was placed as it was that day.

All these memories returned as I watched Emily at work at Melanie's last week. The detail to every little piece ......even removing the yellow centers of pink flowers ....so as not to distract the eye. Now I know why things "move" in magazine shots!!! Chairs, sofas, tables, lamps, accessories.....are all carefully placed to tell the STORY!!! From page to page items move and to most this clever maneuver is not picked up!!!

This magic is done to PERFECTION by Emily!!! I read her website and learned that her work has been featured and appears on the covers of a number of the popular shelter magazines. I went through my stacks and found lots of them. Not surprised all were rooms I loved to study.




















Emily, your work is magnificent....
We all will see "Your Eye" for years to come! The World of Design is more beautiful due to you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Patty! It was a joy to meet you! People like you are what makes my job so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should get an introduction for Marykate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw her website and she does great work! Very exciting you got to work with a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete