HAPPILY EVER AFTER

HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Saturday, June 28, 2014

LIGHTING....PART 2

I did mention that MC had also installed new lighting fixtures in our Master Bath!
Again, after much research, there they were at Lowe's and  were very reasonable at $59 each.   We bought a total of four lights and a dimmer switch for  $222!  Lowe's even offers a 10% Veterans discount that many people are not aware of.  Ya gotta ask!!!
It certainly helps that MC can do the "installation" work.  That keeps  expenses down!!

My concern with the Master Bath was finding light fixtures that wouldn't "fight" the chandelier we hung over the tub.  I was amazed when I found these gems!  They're perfect !
The plate on the wall is chrome!  It looks gold, but trust me, it's chrome.




 BEFORE
Before MC built mirror frames and the original lights
AFTER



 In the Hall Bath, the fixture was fine, just the color.  MC being the smart man that he is, just sprayed IT black.  It looks perfect!

BEFORE



AFTER


That's all it needed.....works and the cost....$0.....MC had the paint!

Of course you all realize that a day does not go by without my playing with my Dining, IKEA wall unit!!  
It beats all the toys I could have!  I spend hours moving stuff around,  having a ball !  

We have a humongous pantry...I think it's 5' x 8'!   We will never have enough pantry supplies, AKA, FOOD,  for this room.  I have put ALL my accessories that I am not using (at the moment) on the shelves!!!  I call it my PROP ROOM!  This room is where I pull from and get items to "play with" !!!   I have no need to shop for anything.  I have all the accessories anyone would need from years of accumulating STUFF!!!!

I could take a picture each day and it would be different.....

THIS MORNING



MC is working on a new Little People.   No hints on this one, but stay tuned !!!

 MC WITH HIS "EDITOR" HAT

Did you all know that MC is my Editor?  Any errors......blame him!!!!

Till next time,
Patty

10 comments:

  1. Love those fixtures, the perfect amount of bling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you with all the fun you're having in your new home. Seems MC has a little Sinatra flare going on with that hat. A real cool man for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do that voodoo that you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new lighting looks wonderful! You are so lucky to have a "prop room", I have always wanted one!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. those new fixtures are so funky! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you're putting your own spin on these stock items. Really makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is looking great, Patty! I love all the trinkets you have in your wall shelf. Such cool pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Patty, you got those lights just right--and bravo for not having to spend a fortune. Your Master Bath is to die for. You are quite the stager, girl. Wish my 'prop closet' looked as good as yours. Glad you are enjoying your beautiful new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a great source for lights, lowes. They look fab. And MC is rocking that hat! Congrats again on the new home lady. We are still living through our Reno aka chaos abounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MC is just darling...he's like the blog mascot..we all love him. xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete